Michaels Musings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Holiday Message From Paegin Sims
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:46 pm by dsmbear

» PAEGIN SIMS DECEMBER 9 UPDATES
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:00 pm by Riverwillows

» PAEGIN SIMS UPDATES - DECEMBER 1
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 am by dsmbear

» PAEGIN SIMS UPDATES - NOVEMBER 17
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 am by dsmbear

» Pondering about Facebook
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:25 am by dsmbear

» A short history of Michael's Musings
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm by dsmbear

» PAEGIN SIMS UPDATES - NOV. 8
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 pm by dsmbear

» The ENTIRE "That Darn Cat!" (1964)
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm by dsmbear

» What this section is all about
A short history of Michael's Musings EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:54 am by dsmbear

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A short history of Michael's Musings

Go down

A short history of Michael's Musings Empty A short history of Michael's Musings

Post by dsmbear Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Welcome! Sit down, stay awhile!

If you have surfed on in here, more than likely, you came here from a link that I posted in another sim forum, and for that, I'm grateful that you took the time to visit this forum, and I'd be even more grateful if you decided to join as a member!. I realize that I'm still quite new in the sim community, so in spite of the fact that I belong to about 25 sim boards, you may not very familiar with me or my style, or my creations, for that matter. As it is here on the 7th of November, 2010, I am still pretty much a novice creator,so my fame probably isn't as far reaching as older, better known creators like SIMply Edward, Andrewplay599, Sugah, DLMulsow, ZephyrAsh, Simenroute, beosboxboy, Marvine, Wireless Guy, Hunter, Lab Cat, etc. just to name a few.

But I hope to change all of that! Very soon, I will have all of the Sims 2 eps installed on my computer, and in case you haven't already read on my sim blog, I shall embark on a recolor that is part of a much larger project that currently, I'm keeping under wraps, and am only referring to as the "I Made a SIM of Myself Over John Foster Dulles Project".

(You can read more about this at my blog: http://mitchellandmichael.blogspot.com/)

And it is that project that I hope will end my days as mere face in the Sim crowd, and will transform me into a better known simmer. I'm not looking to be better than anyone in the sim community, just the best simmer that I know that I can be. I have noticed that some simmers fall into a certain niche of design. Forgive me if I'm generalizing here, but from what I have observed, some, like Andrewplay599, create houses. Edward is known mostly for his male sims with attention to great detail, especially the eyes. And Ed is also known for furnishing recolors, especially paintings and pillows. Some simmers design furniture. Others create accessories. I, for one, am not sure where my focus will be, but I do know that one of my areas will be in the area of videos. And oh yes...that crazy hush hush project that shall not be named...that project will either build me or break me---Let's hope for the former!

(Edward, get me a great deal of coffee...I think that I shall need it in the coming months!)
A short history of Michael's Musings 126966 A short history of Michael's Musings 913427

Okay, now for some history of this forum and how it came to be.

October 2008---I come into a small fortune (settlement from an auto accident two years prior) I spend some of it on Sims 2 Double Deluxe and other expansions BEFORE I even own a computer!!

February, 2009---I buy a used Gateway E6100 from a store that recycles old computers.

March, 2010---I post a self sim request on Insiminator. Three weeks later, a kind soul named EKozski, or SIMply Edward to most of you responds to my request, and from that request, Mitchell, Michael, Mitchell Sr. and Michael Sr. are born.

April, 2010---I join the old SIMply Edward forum.

May, 2010---SIMply Edward is shut down for about 48 hours, there is mourning and gnashing of teeth, and on the third day, SIMply Edward is brought back from the grave and many hearts become glad!

June, 2010---I create the video, "Mitchell & Michael Vogue", and post it on my blog and SIMply Edward.

July, 2010---In response to my "Vogue" video, Edward creates for me my own section on the SIMply Edward forum called, "Michael's Musings".

July, 2010---SIMply Edward moves from Forumotion to Involved Boards.

September, 2010---Edward and co-Admin, Andrewplay599 accept global administrator and moderator positions respectively at Colour Sims. Edward decides to close Simply Edward, due to time restraints. A short history of Michael's Musings 43199

Early October, 2010---Believing that the SIMply Edward forum had gone the way of the dinosaur, many had believed that they had seen the last of SIMply Edward and moved on. They were proved wrong! Approximately at 4 AM, I awaken fully rested from a night's sleep. Bored, I log into Facebook, where Edward was hoping to find me. He sent me a live chat message: "Come take a look at this and tell me what you think!". Edward had taken the old SIMply Edward "out of mothballs", so to speak, and changed the name to "Michael's Musings"! I now had my own forum! But I'll be the first one to admit that I wasn't quite sure that I was ready to run my own form! Edward thought differently, and he gave me his old forum...what a pal! A short history of Michael's Musings 160335

October 21, 2010---A worthless hacker with a severe case of acne and who probably has every Xbox game ever made, hacks into and deletes my admin account at Michael's Musings. After several feeble attempts to bring it back, I create the NEW Michael's Musings forum and immediately install Edward as co-administrator. Andrewplay joined a few days later and is also installed as co-administrator.

Well, that's if for now. Happy simming everybody!

A short history of Michael's Musings 80616
Michael, AKA DSmbear

dsmbear
dsmbear
Admin

https://michaelsmusings.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum